The Open Data Incubator for Europe (ODINE) has announced the eight businesses selected for its fifth cohort.
The startups and SMEs hail from Belgium, Germany, Romania, Spain and the UK. They provide solutions to pressing economic, political, educational and cultural problems across the continent.
Find out more about each company from the fifth cohort:
- Fstr provides open mobility data for 21st century commuting solutions
- Implisense supplies sales intelligence and marketing automation to businesses
Romania / UK
- 3Desk’s ContribIQ platform helps users find all the public information about politicians and their campaign contributors in one place.
- Urban Data Analytics helping to understand the dynamics of Real Estate better.
- OpenSensors enables you to create a connected world that puts people first. It manages & deploys public or private IoT infrastructure.
- Pobble makes writing ridiculously exciting for children.
- Provenance helps you discover the unique journey of people, places and materials with its digital tools.
- We Are Colony is a global film streaming platform connecting content owners to passionate fans through exclusive extras, data insights and proprietary technology.
The selected businesses receive up to €100,000 of equity-free grant funding from the ODINE programme, which supports European startups and SMEs in building sustainable businesses using open data.
In addition to funding, the businesses will have access to peer-networking, technology, datasets, mentorship, investors and media services throughout the six-months incubation period.
If you would like to join the ODINE programme, check out our website. New startups are being recruited every two months on a rolling basis, until August 2016.
If you are interested in applying, make sure you read the Guide for applicants, which includes detailed information on the programme, the application process and some tips on how to draft a great proposal.
(This article first appeared on the Guardian)